Tuesday, February 3, 2015

[ Caramel Popcorn.]



*  my own pic.

Caramel popcorn always intimidated me -- well -- I actually never realized that you could MAKE it yourself LOL.  When my cousin served it to us one night, I couldn't eat it fast enough -- I asked for the recipe and it's now on "snack" rotation.  This recipe is very similar to my cousins -- I found it on Pinterest.  And it was SUPER easy, and SUPER yummy.


Caramel Popcorn:
10 cups (100g) air-popped popcorn
1 cup (200g) light brown sugar
1/4 cup (80g) light corn syrup
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Ingredients

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 200F degrees. 
- Spread the popcorn out onto 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream of tartar, and salt in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. 
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.  
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the baking soda.  
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir gently until all the kernels are coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.  
- Allow to cool on the pan and break apart large clusters if desired. 
-  Cover the popcorn tightly once cooled; it will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment