Monday, September 3, 2012

[Pizza Pinwheels]



This was courtesy of LB - who got it from the Mennonite Girls Can Cook site ... LB had an instagram pic of hers baking in the oven with the caption (something like) "... baking in the oven, making lunches for the girls and they freeze well!!"

So - I thought I'd give them a try.  I feel like a hero-mom.  I mean, homemade Pizza Pinwheels??  That deserves a good hug, at least *grin* ...

This is MY instagram pic that I just took as I pulled them out of the oven ... I wish I could post how good it smells in my kitchen right now ... 

PIZZA PINWHEELS

Ingredients:

2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP cooking oil
2 tsp salt
2 Cups hot 
tap water
4 1/2 - 5 Cups flour
2 TBSP instant yeast (two of those little packages you can buy!)



Directions:

* Mix in order given, mixing the yeast with a little flour and adding while dough is still very soft. Add enough flour to make a dough that hold together in a ball shape and is not sticky if you handle it with floured hands.

* Let rise until doubled, about 1/2 hour

* As this point you can make french bread, pizza or focaccia bread

For pizza buns:
* Roll out to 12 x 15" rectangle, cover with pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce, parm cheese and any other topping your family enjoys (cold cuts, mozza cheese, peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, etc). This time I just did cheese!

*Roll up jelly roll style and slice, place in pan and bake at 375* for about 15 minutes.

*These freeze great and work perfect in lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment